By registering for the International IV Nutritional Therapy for Physicians (IIVNTP) entitled Clinical Applications of IV therapies (“Seminar”), I agree to the following terms:
1. Seminar Content and Schedule. I have read the Seminar brochure and attest to the fact that I thoroughly understand the purpose of the Seminar, the Seminar agenda, the daily schedule, and the requirements for certification. If I did not fully understand the brochure or had any questions about the brochure or Seminar, I have resolved these issues prior to registering.
2. For Fundamentals/Clinical Applications only: Practical Requirements. Practical days 3 and 4 attendees must wear closed-toe shoes, and on Sunday, plan time for lunch. Practical requires partnering with other participants for IV practice. If I cannot participate, I understand that I may provide my own human model. That person must be 18 years or older and will be required to sign an IIVNTP form before participating.
3. Refunds. Refunds will be given only for cancellations on or before 2 weeks prior to the first day of the event and are subject to a $200.00 administrative fee. After this date, refunds (less the administrative fee) will be given only in the event of emergency such as a death in the family, personal injury, or illness with physician’s letter (not written by me). No other refunds will be made. All refunds will come through IIVNTP and will be given after IIVNTP receives my payment from the online registration company. This may be a month or more after the Seminar. The online registration company does not handle any refunds.
4. Bad checks. I understand that there will be a $200.00 fee to cover expenses relating to returned checks
5. Videography/Photography Release.
a. I understand that IIVNTP may be videoing the Seminar and taking photographs at the Seminar and that I may appear in such video and/or photographs. I grant IIVNTP and its agents, assigns and designates the irrevocable right to use the video and photographs, including my name, likeness, voice and/or reputation, in all forms and media, whether now known or hereafter developed, for advertising, promotion, trade or any other lawful purpose. I understand and agree that I will not receive any compensation for this use.
b. I waive any right to inspect or approve the finished version(s) of the video and
photographs. I release and agree to hold harmless IIVNTP and their agents, assigns, and designates from any liability resulting from such use of my name, likeness, voice or reputation. I waive any claims I may have based on such use, including but not limited to claims for invasion of privacy, violation of right of publicity, libel and copyright.
6. Intellectual Property. All intellectual property rights in and to the Seminar presentations, the Seminar content, and all materials distributed at or in connection with the Seminar are owned by IIVNTP and/or the speakers presenting at the Seminar. I will not use or authorize anyone to use any trademarks or trade names of IIVNTP, or anything confusingly similar thereto, without the prior written permission of IIVNTP. I will not reproduce the Seminar materials, which are protected by copyright, or create any work which is substantially similar to those materials, without IIVNTP’s prior written consent. Further, I will not use any of the information learned or materials received at the Seminar to compete, directly or indirectly, with IIVNTP.
7. Waiver of Liability; Indemnity.
a. I assume all risks associated with my attendance at the Seminar and all related activities, including but not limited to any offsite events.
b. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless IIVNTP, its agents, employees, officers, successors and assigns from and against any cost or expense, including but not limited to attorneys’ fees incurred at arbitration, at trial or on any appeal, which may be incurred by reason of any claims arising from or associated with my acts or omissions while attending the Seminar.
a. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes all prior agreements, understandings and proposals (whether written or oral) in respect to the matters specified. No agreement or understanding which alters or extends the meaning of this Agreement shall be binding unless in writing and signed by the parties hereto.
b. If any provision of this Agreement is judicially declared to be invalid, unenforceable or void by a court of competent jurisdiction, such decision shall not have the effect of invalidating or voiding the remainder of this Agreement, and the part(s) of this Agreement so held to be invalid, unenforceable or void shall be deemed stricken, and the Agreement will be reformed to replace such stricken provision with a valid and enforceable provision which comes as close as possible to
expressing the intention of the stricken provision. The remainder of this Agreement shall have the same force and effect as if such part or parts had never been included.
c. This Agreement is effective as of the date all parties hereto have executed this
d. This Agreement is deemed a contract made in Oregon and it shall be construed and enforced according to the laws of the State of Oregon. Any suit or action instituted by either party to enforce the terms shall be brought in the courts in the State of Oregon. Venue is proper only in Multnomah County in Oregon.
e. In the event suit or action is instituted to enforce collection or any of the terms of this contract or for its breach, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover from the other party such sum as the court deems reasonable as attorneys’ fees at arbitration, on trial or on appeal, in addition to all other sums provided by law.